Due to social distancing measures and local restrictions, some public venues which have previously been offered for diploma exams may not be available in future sessions. Please indicate your preferred centre on your entry form and we do all we can to accommodate this request.
If diploma exams are not running in your preferred centre, your entry will be moved to an alternative centre.
Exams can be held at private visit premises (a school, teaching studio, home, etc.) provided by the candidate and visited by the examiner. These can be requested by anyone with at least 3 hours of examining and dates can be requested.
We will try to honour the Private Visit date you have requested however due to COVID-19, this may not be possible. Your Local Representative will liaise with you directly to find another date that suits.
We have new venue guidance and procedures in place to ensure the safety of candidates, examiners and teachers. The guidance explains what you will need to do to make sure your venue is suitable and safe, and that effective social distancing can take place. It is essential that you read and understand this guidance before you consider booking a Private Visit (particularly if you intend to host a visit in a private home).
Anyone organising a Private Visit accepts responsibility for providing facilities according to our instructions and for the appropriate conduct of the exam (see regulation 13f). Visit Organisers are advised to carry out a risk assessment (see regulation 13b). (Risk assessments do not need to be sent to ABRSM)
Instructions for Booking
We have changed how we accept entries for all diploma exams, and are not currently accepting paper entries. We will also be requesting all supporting documentation and submission of work at the point of entry. Please follow the instructions below to make your entry.
- Check exam dates, booking periods and fees
- If you are applying to hold a Diploma Private Visit, please ensure you have read our COVID-19 – Instructions for Completing Diploma Exams in 2020
- Download the entry forms here. Use the editable form to fill these in and save them to your device. Alternatively, print and fill in the entry form, before scanning them back onto your device.
- When you are ready to submit your Diploma entries, please check that everything is clearly labelled and send these to your local representative. If there is no local representative in your area, please contact [email protected] before submitting your entry.
- Please note, that all supporting materials, will need to be submitted at the point of entry – along with the entry form. Please find more information about this here.
- We aim to give at least four weeks’ notice of exam appointments.
- If you send a paper entry to our office, we will destroy it securely to protect your personal information.
Enter exams in line with the guidance provided in the Instructions for completing diploma exams 2020 and the ABRSM syllabus, including but not limited to;
1. Submitting all entries, supporting materials and payments electronically, or to the local representative.
2. Providing copies of music for the Examiner only on request.
3. Complying with all Health and Safety and social distancing measures in place at exam venues.
Visit Organiser Obligations
Organise exams in line with the guidance provided in the Instructions for completing diploma exams 2020, including but not limited to;
1. Ensuring the venue is compliant with all Health and Safety and social distancing measures requested by ABRSM along with local legislation, and inform ABRSM immediately of any instance where this will not be possible.
2. Informing ABRSM immediately of any regional changes that will affect the delivery of diploma exams.
Visit organisers must follow the requirements set out in these Exam Regulations and all other ABRSM policies about the delivery of our exams. In cases where malpractice or maladministration has been committed, a sanction or penalty may be given. Further information about our Malpractice and Maladministration Policy can be found at www.abrsm.org/policies.